Makes 4 servings
- For the chicken breasts
- 4 whole organic chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Touch of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the saikio miso sauce
- 2 cups Savannah Bee Honey for Cheese
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 8 Tablespoons aji amarillo paste
- 3 cups saikio miso paste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the honey blue cheese sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 lb. blue cheese
- 1-1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- For the vegetables
- 2-3 cups root vegetables, (fresh baby carrots, potatoes, etc.)
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons pure honey, for glaze
- 2 Tablespoons butter, for glaze
Note: Aji Amarillo paste is a yellow Peruvian chili paste available in Latin supermarkets. You may also use any chili paste of your choice.
1) Chicken Breasts: Marinate the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, chopped garlic and touch of olive oil. Grill them until cooked and golden brown.
2) Saikio miso sauce: In a pot, mix the honey, apple vinegar, aji amarillo paste, saikio miso paste and olive oil until sauce boils. Cool down.
3) Honey blue cheese sauce: Blend the blue cheese, apple vinegar and honey in a blender.
4) Season the root vegetables with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast them in the oven at 300°F for 20-35 minutes. Glaze with honey and butter. The smaller the vegetables or vegetable pieces, the faster they will cook.
Plating: Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon of honey blue cheese sauce then place on the roasted vegetables. As the final touch, add the saikio miso sauce to the chicken.